We can’t offer you a salary (Cary Players is an all-volunteer non-profit organization,) but we can offer you the chance to put Chief Technology Officer of a small business on your resume. You’ll also receive loads of adoration and appreciation, and the chance to hang out with the coolest (and nicest) community theatre folks around. Cary Players is seeking a volunteer Chief Technology Officer to join its Board of Directors and assist the organization with the following duties:
- Maintaining the corporation’s information technology infrastructure, including company website, social media, data and applications, and e-mail distribution lists.
- Providing guidance on the best and most cost-effective uses of technology to further the organization’s purpose.
- Making changes to the company website, as needed.
- Entering into and renewing contracts for technology services approved by the Board of Directors.
- Attending monthly board meetings (2nd Saturday of each month from 9am-11am) and contributing to board member discussions and votes affecting all aspects of the organization.
- Recruiting additional volunteers to assist in your duties, as needed.
The ideal candidate will love theatre and technology, is responsive, and is looking for a way to contribute their IT talents to the community. This is a job you can do in your spare time from wherever you are, and should typically not take more than 1-5 hours per week. Please consider joining the longest-running community theatre company in Cary and volunteering for a fun and rewarding cause!
If interested, please send an email with the subject “CTO” to email@example.com. Please include a resume and tell us a bit about yourself and why you’d like to be considered for this position. We look forward to hearing from you!